Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Happy New Year!

I realize that it's already January 6th but I'm still excited about the fact that 2006 just began (or is it begun?) It's comforting to know that God already has the whole year planned out and knows all the grades i'll get and people i'll meet. anyways, this break has been wonderful which makes it so hard to go back, but it is always great to see friends and get back to a somewhat normal routine. I only have 17.5 credits this semester plus no more marching band so hopefully it won't be quite as stressful. My last full day of break, tomorrow, i'm going to watch Tirzah dance in the Nutcracker at the Long Center! I can't wait, although it makes me miss doing ballet a bunch. the plan is to go to church Sunday morning, play the flute for offeratory, and then go back to BSU with Rebecca. Probably my most exciting classes next semester will be fitness swimming at 8am on Tues./thurs., Sp. 301 (conversation), and of course wind ensemble...oh yeah i'm also taking private piano lessons!!! that's about all for now, i'll try to update more later.. right now i'm falling.....ZZZzzzz a...s..l..ee..p! Zzzzzz

4 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger La Profesora said…

    Hi Keilah. Sounds like things are bussing for you. Have you found a good church down at school? Or Christian group to hang with? Visit my blog and let me know how you are!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Nata said…

    And i thought i was busy! so what's it like studying music? i would absolutely love to study music but i'm not sure its the best thing for me right now. like what classes are you taking? hope everything's going swell for ya!

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger kiwi said…

    I like being busy! It makes the time go faster, however this week has been great b/c a bunch of my classes have been canceled due to the IMEA (Indiana Music Educators Assoction) conference in Indy where it seems that most of the school of music is currently. My music classes are great! right now i'm taking theory 112, sight ear 102, mused 150, wind ensemble, and lab orchestra, oh yeah and private flute and piano lessons. right now my fav class is mused 150 because we are learning how to play the guitar and recorder! So how was your trip to Mexico? i remember your dad tellling Beth and I about Sylvester this past summer....that was quite an amazing story of God's grace! are you still at Ivy tech? i hope your semester is going well...ttyl!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Nata said…

    Mexico was awesome! i got to see everybody i wanted to see and more! it was also very encouraging to once again observe my parent's committment to the ministry. i'm so blessed.
    yep, i'm still at Ivy Tech. i'll probably be there for another year too. but i'm fine with that.
    man! i'm so jelouse! you classes sound like so much fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home