Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Yeah for a three-day weekend!

Wow, I finally have time to start my new blog! Even though college life can be quite busy, it is great to take a break from all the writing...and write some more! Though I'd much rather write my blog than read about the philosophy of music and write a 5 page summary.
I can't believe that i've already been at BSU for three whole weeks! The first week I had marching band camp...more like basic training. We mostly worked on all our marching blocks and formations as well as memorizing about 20 different songs. Our first home game is this Sat. and I still need to memorize about three more songs. Marching band is so much harder than at Faith b/c we march in all different directions, including backwards! It's great though, esp. the flute section! I know our football team could use some improvement but feel free to come and support the "Pride of Mid-America" marching band! I'm also excited b/c we get to play at a Colt's game on Sept. 25!
God has certainly answered my prayers and allowed me to meet many Christians, including my roommate Nicole. She's an architect major--I think she's actually more busy than I am!! Most nights she doesn't even get to our room until around ten or eleven. But she's alot of fun, plus she's tall and blonde!
Other than my music classes (mused, theory, sightear, flute studio, recital hour, marching band, and wind ensemble) i'm also taking Spanish composition, geography 121, and computer science for dummies! It's pretty sad when I have to show someone in lab how to open their folder!
Even though my schedule is rather loaded I have been able to go to Campus Crusade the past two thursday nights. It is awesome!! It has been really well attended with over 400 students, many of them freshmen! We sing alot of worship music, and listen to great speakers. I'm also involved in my hall's bible study. We meet every Wed. night at 9:15. This has been a good way to meet Christians in my living community.
Another really cool thing is that even though I don't have a car, God has been faithful to provide transportation. So far Nicole and I have had to make two Walmart runs, and another friend of ours, Danny's parents took us all out to eat at Applebee's last weekend! Oh, and Bethany Viars took me to Bank One to set up my bank account and drove Nicole and I to visit Grace Baptist (Heritage Hall) last Sunday. She's the best!
It has been so incredible to see God answer prayer these past three weeks! He has helped me each step of the way from surviving marching band camp (and the sun burns that come with it) to buying my books, finding my classes, and meeting many strong Christians too! I was reading 1 Peter for my devos and they were a great encouragement to me during my first week of school and starting out on the right foot.
Well, I have to do some homework- some of my prof's actually gave us homework over the holiday! I hope everyone has a great Labor Day!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Palo Alto Online
    "I've received countless calls and e-mails in support of Kepler's Books and Clark Kepler," Fergusson, who is organizing the really and workshop, said, "This is an opportunity for people to gather and express ...
    More information on online business can be found at our website about online business.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Kiwi! I was so glad to see you this weekend. Don't get too busy! That's sooo cool that you all get to play for the Colts! Have fun and keep flute-aring!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home