Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Week 6!

Craziness! i've already been here six weeks! actually seven, including marching band camp. ...And I thought time went by quickly in highschool! Last weekend was great! the marching band played at the Colt's game...it was a blast plus the Colt's beat the Browns! I totally missed my alarm clock however, so I didn't wake up until 6:45am, which is the time we were supposed to be on the bus! So all i did was put on my contacts, grab my uniform and piccolo, and sprint all the way to the new music building where the buses were. I was praying the whole time that God would delay the buses. God answered my prayer, and the buses didn't end up coming until 7:15am! I was so thankful to make the bus and not fail the class. Anyway, it was great fun b/c after we practiced on the field we had like two hours to kill, so we walked over to Circle Center and went "shopping." Actually the only store that was opened was a Christmas store, so we had fun looking at funky christmas tree ornaments. oh yeah, and we also at lunch at the food court. When we got back to the RCA dome, Amanda taught me how to do the charleston. it was so much fun jessica got it on videotape! After the halftime show, we changed and returned to campus. I'm also excited about this weekend (friday- Sat.) b/c we're going on a marching band trip to Leo Highschool in Fort Wayne and a festival in Ohio. On Sunday my roommate's parents are coming so we're going to have a cookout to celebrate Nicole's b-day which was actually on Monday. Well, i need to go study for my geog. exam tomorrow. I'd like to leave you with something i read this morning from The Purpose Driven Life that was a big encouragement. "When life gets tough, when you're overwhelmed with doubt, or when you wonder if living for Christ is worth the effort, remember that you are not home yet. At death you won't leave home- you'll go home."

1 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger turza said…

    Hey sista!! Thats a really encouraging quote. Glad to hear that you're having fun! Giving blood reminds me of when i drew blood in anatomy last year. AHHH! good times. THis year the whole class stresses out about every little thing. and i'm just like: ha, ha i did that last year. But then again now that I'm in Adv. physics. AHHH a lab due tomorrow!! JK I'm praying for you! Hope you meet some nice godly men (wink wink). You're almost 19 AHHHHHHHHH. Hey what do you want for your b-day. (preferably within price range... i.e im not buying you a car) :)luv ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home