Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Thursday, January 26, 2006

estoy aburrido...

it's amazing....i'm actually bored! i have an hour to kill before Cru at 9:15pm. there's plenty i could be doing i.e. studying for my theory test tomorrow, washing dishes, doing research for my edpsy project, or read a book. For some reason none of these appeal right now, and i'm not typically a lazy person. haha! anyways, this week has been muy interesante. It started on Monday when i was walking over to wind ensemble after theory. i was talking to Kelly Rumba and wasn't watching where i was going when i fell down the first set of steps right outside the old music building and twisted my right ankle. (have i mentioned that i'm a major klutz before?) yeah, this is the same ankle that i sprained in the eigth grade doing an piroquette on point shoes and my freshman year of highschool doing a spike in v-ball. my ankle hurt a bunch Monday night but i put lots of ice on it and the next morning i was actually able to put weight on it. That also happened to be the morning that we had to swim 500 yards/ten laps and time ourselves. I found it rather difficult kicking with mainly my left leg but my time was still decent. By the end of the day my ankle felt so much better...i was amazed at how fast it healed! Fitness swimming was quite interesting today b/c we had to do push ups and crunches. I've never been good at push ups but this morning i was able to do 16 (man push ups, not the wimpy version!) I'm soooooo glad that tomorrow is Friday b/c that means that we're going to watch the Magic Flute!!! Not too much else to report, except that i really like the flute piece i'm working on now! It's the Widor Suite for flute and piano op. 34. i'm also considering attending a flute workshop this summer...i just need to find one that isn't too far from Laf. preferably Michigan or Illinios. more later...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey K! I found your blog!! I have it bookmarked now so I can visit occasionally and check up on you and see how you're doing. Miss having you around...even if you are a klutz! :)

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger kiwi said…

    awww, thanks! I'm glad you found my blog....can you please give me your blog address? that would be sweet! Later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home