Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Friday, December 15, 2006

mixed emotions

i'm totally confused and quite okay with that! why am i confused? here's the short answer in list format b/c i love lists! (1) finals are finally over which is great don't get me wrong but it's hard to say goodbye to friends when i feel like we just got here! (2) the weather...it confuses me. for instance, this morning it was warm and sunny so i decided to wear my bots 2 t-shirt to my noon final. when my final was over at 1pm (should be the hottest part of the day) i stepped outside of the old music building and pretty much shivered the whole way back to Botsford hall. i got a lot of weird looks from the passerbyers who of course were all bundled up. (3) i got a 98% on my theory final, the one i felt the least ready for! Dr. Trawick had posted our grades on her office door so i decided to check mine out this morning and nearly fainted on the spot. (3) i had a not so good week for flute playing b/c i was really stressed and so that negatively affected my flute playing quite a bit. I was feeling really discouraged and at some points in the week considered switching my major. I think God was showing that i need me that i can depend on Him in the midst of my fears and doubts. I'm not alone in my struggles...in fact God has given so much peace!
i hope everyone has a great Christmas break and is able to give not just material gifts but the fruits of the spirit to others!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger kiwi said…

    i love it how i can't count to 4! hmmm, must have been really tired or something...haha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home