Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

my b-day/fall break!

this has been a wonderful fall break so far and it was much needed! First of all, my super great roomie, Emily, came home with me for two days to spend my 20th b-day with me and my family. Friday night we just chilled at my house b/c we were super tired. we ate pizza, watched "Save the Last Dance 2", and watched Brian Regan on youtube, which is just about the funniest thing ever--we laughed so hard it hurt! On saturday i serenaded my family with my um, not so amazing trombone playing (i've only played it a week or so...) My madre made chocolate sol (Colombian hot chocolate) for breakfast!!!! Then Emily and i went shopping and Emily bought a red formal dress at Macy's for the Cru formal. oh yeah, we also stopped at the new starbucks near my house and got pumpkin spice lattes...they're super good! what else did we do? we ran back to my house to get all dressed up for the best part of the day--the cheesecake factory and the ISO concert in Indy! the pumpkin pie cheesecake was excellent and so was the concert! we had front row seats! The ISO played Shostacovich piano concerto no. 2 and Tchaikovsky symphony no. 5! So that pretty much topped off a very memorable 20th b-day! i forgot to mention the what my parents got me...The Little Mermaid 2 disc special edition dvd!!! When i was little i watched it almost every day, so my mom gave it away to my little cousin! i hadn't seen the movie in about 7 or 8 years! so on sunday night Ashley came over and we watched it! of course we sang along the whole time! it was great!
Sunday, Emily came to church with my family and then my dad and i drove her to Kokomo to meet her dad half-way b/c she's from Peru. i don't remember what else i did...probably took a siesta! y-day (Monday), i slept in, practiced flute, piano, and trombone all morning and then went with Tirzah to her spanish class at Purdue! Afterwards we went to the Union and got carmel apple cider at starbucks. it was a gorgeous day outside, so we took a bunch of random pics around campus. then we went to the mall and i got some kaki's at Aeropostal. We ran home b/c tirz had to tutor and i had a bad migraine. after dinner, my mom and i went back to the mall to get me a winter coat even though it was so warm outside. then i went to Ash's house and we watched "A Far off Place" and had amazing Culver's pumpkin pie custard!
to that pretty much sums up my fall break and birthday! I haven't even started my hw yet....
i hope everyone else had a great break as well!!! I'm definately refreshed and looking forward to returning back to school!
Thank you God for a truly wonderful weekend and 20 years of life on earth!
-i'll post pics when i get back to school b/c being the smart person i am, i forgot my USB chord that hooks up to the computer

3 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Nata said…

    Sha-la-la-la-la-la my oh my
    It's just a shade too bad
    Did i... miss your birthday?
    well then, happy late birthday!
    Did you notice you aren't a teenager anymore? Ha! you loose!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger kiwi said…

    wow, did you just call me loose? that's just not cool! ( : yeh, i can't believe im no longer a teenager...ahhhhhhh! *tear* i don't wanna grow up! enjoy ur last couple months as a teenager...

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger bethoven said…

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

    Sounds you had a lot of pumpkin-pie flavored things over fall break...but nothing can top the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ!

    Glad you were able to have a fall break. Keep pressing onward toward the mark! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home