Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Opera week!

I'm really excited about this week! Madame Butterfly is this weekend and that means that we have rehearsal every night this week from 6-10pm! I still love the music at this point but by the end of the week i might change my mind (i hope not though). The singers are all amazing and have such powerful voices! It's an honor to be working with such skilled musicians. Our guest conductor, Dr. Fiora Contino, is great too! Her past experience and connection with operas is incredible. Despite her age, she is very enthusiastic about her work. I only hope i have that much passion for music when i am that age. I'm looking forward to playing in the orchestra pit in Emen's although it will probably be hard to watch the singers...
Any minute that i'm not at an orchestra rehearsal i'll probably be practicing snare drum rudiments, or flute (my recital's coming up in one month!!!!) gotta love being a music major and having no life... i doubt i'll even see my roommate this week. on a happier note though, my parents are coming to the Saturday night performance of Madame Butterfly! I can hardly wait! ( :

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger bethoven said…

    Hey, K! I've been thinking how little I see you nowadays. What have you been up to lately?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home