Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

help, i'm addicted to music!

Even though i've not been home long it seems my life still revolves around music. i only practice like 2 or 3 hours of flute, piano, and guitar a day but than i listen to hours of music after that. For example right now i'm listening to Mercy Me "I Worship You". Last night was our first LCB (Lafayette Citizen's Band) rehearsal for the summer season. I forgot how much fun it was to play through a bunch of fun pieces (anything from Broadways/musicals to marches and Shostacovich) and then perform them the next day. Well, actually our first concert is on Memorial Day @ 7:30pm at Rhiele Plaza. The majority of our concerts are on Thursday nights. I'm glad that Bill Kissinger is still the LCB director even though he retired this past year from Purdue bands.
Tomorrow is my first official day of work at the Cove! I'm excited about it, but there's also alot of responsibility that goes along with lifeguarding... This afternoon we have more in-service training. Tomorrow is Ashley Crussel's open-house and then my Uncle Sergio is flying in from Ft. Lauderdale! He's coming for Tirzah's graduation on Saturday! it's been so long since we've seen him. I hope everyone is enjoying the nice warm weather...i think summer has finally arrived!
Isaias 43:1-3
"No temas, que yo te he redimido; te he llamado por tu nombre; tu eres mio. Cuando cruces las aguas, yo estare contigo; cuando cruces los rios, no te cubriran sus aguas; cuando camines por el fuego, no te quemaras ni te abrasaran las llamas. Yo soy el Senor, tu Dios..."
Isaiah 43: 1-3
"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. For I am the Lord your God.."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home