Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

home, sweet home!

It's so great to be back in good old Lafayette! This week has been very relaxing...i think i've gotten at least 8 hours of sleep each night so far!!! I'm almost more tired now...wierd. anywho, i haven't really done a whole lot the past few days, so i'm feeling rather lazy right now. I have practiced guitar twice i think, and i watched Las Locaduras del Emperador to keep spanish fresh in my mind until June 17! Oh yeah, on Tuesday i went to Christina's to get my hair cut and it ended up that the lady that cut my hair was Mexican and she didn't speak hardly any english! it's kinda ironic cause i was just thinking about how i needed to speak alot of spanish over the summer. i talked with Felicita Gomez (the Mexican woman) for pretty much the entire hour! it was too much fun... wow, i'm starting to sound like Nisha! Speaking of Nisha, (my older sister who's currently studying in Spain), she accepted the job in Miami to teach Spanish and possibly French at a really big private school (1000 students in grades 9-12). She'll probably move down in early August and my whole family might possibly go as well and visit my mom's brother Sergio who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. The summer is starting to fill up quickly with plans. i love plans! I hate just sitting around and being bored, but my goal this summer is to read many books! i don't usually read very often but since i've gone to BSU, i've realized that i need to be able to defend my faith better. There are so many great books that build on and further expand my knowledge of Christ. Right now i'm doing a study on Joseph. His life story is incredible! There's no wonder that Moses spent almost 14 chapters in Genesis telling the story of this man of forgiveness and integrity. i'm pretty excited about it!
More good news, i start lifeguard training tomorrow at Jefferson High School, and tonight i'm going to see the Harrison Band Spring Disney concert...i'm such a band geek! hehe! Have a great fin de semana!
Ps. 86:5 "You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you."

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger Nata said…

    welcome back! maybe i'll holler at you at church or something.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger bethoven said…

    I LOVE the story of Joseph; he may be my favorite Bible character, but because he sets a good example of doing right when being wronged.

    How was Harrison's Disney concert? Sounds like fun!

    Hasta la vista!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home