Flute Fantasies

Welcome to the life of a overworked music education major!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

I love Easter! It is by far my favorite holiday! i wasn't exactly looking forward to Easter this year b/c i was staying at school while it seemed like everyone else went home. i also had a ton of hw to do . But as usual God's plans are much bigger and better than my own. This weekend ended up being way too much fun! it all started on friday...
I only had one (that's right) ONE class on friday!!!! well, i was supposed to have theory at 2pm but when i arrived to class Emily pretty much dragged me out and told me that no one was going to class so our teacher would have to cancel. It was, after all good friday! So then Emily and i went shopping at the mall for very random things such as an umbrella for emily and shorts b/c it is getting nice and warm outside. to end a great day, we went to Pruis to see "Newsies"! I love the music! it was hard to just sit and watch and not sing along! Saturday Jess, Emily, and i went to church to practice with the praise team for the Easter service. Then, instead of going back to our dorm rooms to do hw, we decided to drive to a nearby park and play.....you guessed it, soccer! An hour-and-a-half later we stopped at Incredible Yoghurt to cool down w/frozen yoghurt and lots of H2O. The remainder of the afternoon i worked on my spanish paper and my inquisit tests for mused, which are now 100% finished (yeah rah)! Emily came over to my room around 8pm to watch Serendipity. Afterwards we walked over to Jessica's room to say "hi". we ended up staying for a while b/c we started laughing and couldn't stop for about 20 minutes....i think i'm still sore. don't even ask me what were laughing about b/c there was no real reason! we were so loud, i think the entire hall could hear us! Today...we sang with the praise team in the college service. i learned a new song "At the Cross" (not the hymn). I really like it! Pastor Ken invited us to his house for Easter dinner which sounded much better than Lafollete or spaghetti from Walmart. I learned something new today: mint mentos + 2 liter bottle of diet coke = big explosion! it was quite amusing... and that's my que (sp?) to get back to my "flamenco" ppt! Happy Easter!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger bethoven said…

    Happy Easter. Passion Play went very well...too bad you couldn't make it home. I was over at the Rausches when you called looking for Hannah! I had Easter dinner over there.

    See you in a few weeks. :)

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger bethoven said…

    btw, Newsies is possibly the best musical ever!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home